When it comes to education, the breed of Bollywood actors range from enviably educated to being in the dumps. But what is common is that they are quite well-versed in their own field and profliic in the art of acting. Nevertheless, here are the educational qualifications of our Bollywood actors
1. Shah Rukh Khan – completed his college from Hansraj College and was studying for Master’s degree in Mass Communication from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi; but dropped out of it when he came to Mumbai.
2. Aamir Khan – studied in J.B. Petit School and later at St. Anne’s High School in Bandra. He completed his ninth and tenth standard froM Bombay Scottish High School. He did college till 12th from Narsee Monjee College. He says that his father’s monetary losses in his film productions set his family back financially and that his father would get nearly 35 calls a day from creditors and repeated warnings from his school to be expelled if the fees were not paid.
3. Hrithik Roshan – Studied at Bombay Scottish School and then at Sydenham College, where he graduated with a Commerce Degree.
4. Priyanka Chopra – Because of her parents background (doctors in Indian army) she had to keep on shuffling schools across various cities like Chandigarh, Bareilly, Delhi, Lucknow, Ambala and Pune. She studied for a large amount of time in La Martinere Girls School in Lucknow and St. Maria Goretti College in Bareilly. When she was 13, she went to the US to study in a few schools in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Newton, Massachusetts. Schooling in the US was not exactly a memorable experience for Priyanka as she has admitted that she was subjected to bullying and racism. She finished her last year of higher secondary school again in India at the Army Public School, Delhi. Priyanka came to Mumbai to study in Jai Hind College and was looking for a career in criminal psychology but went head-on in the Miss India competition before becoming Miss World and then a huge Bollywood movie star.
5. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan – She studied at Arya Vidya Mandir High School before studying in Jai Hind College for a year. She then went on to study architecture at Raheja college but gave it up to pursue modeling.
6. Deepika Padukone – She studied at Sophia High School in Bangalore before joining Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. She applied for Indira Gandhi National Open University for a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology but gave it up because it was conflicting with her modeling career.
7. Kangana Ranaut – Kangana Ranaut studied at DAV School in Chandigarh and was heading for a medical career on the insistence of her parents. But when she failed a chemistry test, she knew that the medicine was not for her. Following repeated arguments with her parents on her choice of career and looking for a modeling career, she left the family and came to Delhi, where she became a part of Ashmita Theater Group.
8. Bipasha Basu – She studied at Apeejay High School in Delhi, before moving to Kolkata and studying in Bhawanipur Education Society College.
. She was looking for a career in chartered accountancy before the modelling bug bit her.
9. Farhan Akhtar – He studied at Maneckji Cooper School before graduating from HR College with a degree in Commerce.
10. Kareena Kapoor – She attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Bombay before going to Welham Girls’ High School in Dehradun. She studied in Mithibai College in Vile Parle for two years before she went to study for three months for a summer course in microcomputers, at Harvard University in the US. She came back to Mumbai and enrolled in Government Law College for a degree in law. As her interests began to waver along different career pursuits, she finally decided to pursue an acting course in Mumbai by Kishore Namit Kapoor. The rest is history.
11. Salman Khan – He studied in Stansilaus High School in Bandra. Then he studied in Scindia School in Gwalior for a few years, before he attended Elphinstone College for a year, after which he dropped out.
12 Katrina Kaif – The actress has been traveling the world since childhood. Following her parents divorce, she lived with her mother and sisters in places like Japan, China, Poland, France, Switzerland, Hawaii, Hong Kong and England. She was homeschooled most of the time.
13. Ranbir Kapoor – He studied at Bombay Scottish Schoolin Mahim before studying in HR College for two years. He then went to
Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York to pursue method acting.
14. Shahid Kapoor – He studied in Gyan Bharti School in Delhi till fourth grade after which he came to Mumbai to study at Rajhans Vidyalaya. He studied for 3 years in Mithibai College.
15. Akshay kumar – He studied at Don Bosco School and then at Guru Nanak College in King’s Circle. He left college to pursue his passion – martial arts in Bangkok.
16 John Abraham – He studied in the Bombay Scottish School and then graduated from Jai Hind. He completed his MBA from MET (Mumbai Educational Trust).
17. Amitabh Bachchan – One of the highly educated actors, Amitabh Bachchan studied at Sherwood College in Nainital and has a double major degree from Kiror Mal College with both Science and Arts degree.
18. Alia Bhatt- She finished her schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School and did not attend college.
19. Vidya Balan – One of the highly educated actresses, Vidya Balan studied at St. Anthony’s Girls High School before attending St. Xavier’s College for a bachelor’s degree in sociology. She also went on to study for post graduation from the Mumbai University.