Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif are two of the hottest and talented actresses of our time. Who is your favorite? Both actresses may be distinct in their own right, but they also share commonalities.
Deepika Padukone – The 24 year old leggy lass is one of the tallest actresses in Bollywood. But what is also inspiring is her immense body of work and her sheer commitment to be better with every film. Born in Coopenhagen, she was raised in Bangalore, and was training to follow her famous father Prakash Padukone’s footsteps to become a national level badminton champion. She later turned to modeling and got her first film offer in 2006 in the form of a Kannada film, Aishwarya. Deepika Padukone bagged her first Bollywood movie, Om Shanti Om, opposite superstar Shah Rukh Khan. The movie was a runaway blockbuster and Deepika Padukone won many awards.
However, Deepika found herself struggling for the next five years, with her films not really getting the kind of response, she aspired for. Even though she gave flops like Lafangey Parinde, Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Say, Aarakshan, she began to polish her skill. The turning point came in the form of Cocktail (2012) which was a hit. Deepika Padukone broke records with four back to back blockbusters in 2013 – Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express and Goliyon ki Raasleela- Ram Leela. What has been remarkable is Deepika Padukone’s choice of films and her roles which are quite distinct in every film. While she was a shy, awkward college girl in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, she was a talkative Tamilian in Chennai Express, and an uninhibited Gujrati girl in Ram Leela. In ‘Finding Fanny’ her 2014 release, she impressed us with her effortless portrayal of a Goan girl.
Katrina Kaif – This 31 year actress was born in Hong Kong, to a Kashmiri father of British descent and an English mother. After modeling professionally in London, she was roped into do the role of a glamorous bimbo by Bollywood film-maker Kaizad Gustad. The movie Boom(2003) went bust, but Katrina Kaif was noticed. She did a Telugu film next, called Malleshwari. . Then she began to focus on Bollywood while doing a couple of Malayalam and Telugu films. Katrina Kaif’s career has been quite consistent, her chemistry with Akshay Kumar resulted in hits like Namastey London, Welcome, Race and De Dana Dan. The stunning actress improved with every film and gave some of her career-best performances in movies which created history in the box office like New York, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Raajneeti, Ek Tha Tiger, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Dhoom 3. Known to be one of the most hardworking actresses in Bollywood, Katrina Kaif, who is not professionally a dancer, has been a part of two of the most popular item numbers ever- Sheela ki Jawaani (Tees Maar Khan) and Chikni Chameli (Agneepath). She also worked-out heavily to acquire a toned body for the role of an acrobat in Dhoom 3.
Deepika Padukone vs Katrina Kaif (Snapshot)
- Katrina Kaif has been voted the sexiest woman in the world, for five successive years by FHM India, which is an unbeatable feat. She was beaten to the third position by Deepika Padukone who got the title for 2014.
- Awards –Deepika won 2 Filmfare Awards, the debut award for Om Shanti Om in 2007 and the Best Actress Award for Ram Leela. Katrina Kaif is yet to win an award.
- Style sense – Deepika Padukone’s style sense is edgier and likes to experiment with her clothes. Katrina Kaif dresses in softer hues but still looks elegant. Both have got their share of wardrobe malfunctions.
- Body Type – Deepika Padukone has a slim body, which she works to athletic proportions according to the demand of her role. Katrina Kaif, a naturally voluptuous girl, with the weight at the right places, can sweat it out to athletic levels and look inspirational, like she did in Dhoom 3.
- Acting with top stars –Katrina Kaif has worked with all the Khans, Hrithik, Akshay and Ranbir. Deepika Padukone has mostly worked with Ranbir Kapoor, boyfriend Ranvir Singh and Shah Rukh, and has to yet work with Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan.
- Best chemistry – Katrina Kaif looks good with all her co-stars but she strikes the best chemistry with Akshay Kumar. Deepika Padukone has a sparkling chemistry with Ranvir Singh and Ranbir Kapoor.
- Best physical features – Deepika’s best physical features is her butt, her eyes and her heart-warming smile. She can be a next-door girl and a super model in equal measure. Katrina Kaif’s best physical features include her butt, her flawless skin, her lips and her hair.
- Boyfriend factor – Katrina Kaif’s boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor is the ex-boyfriend of Deepika Padukone.
Deepika Padukone vs Katrina Kaif – Pictures