Priyanka Chopra recently admitted that though she has the highest regard for Vidya Balan as an actress, she did feel disappointed when she did not win a Filmfare Award for Barfi. The 2012 award had gone to Vidya Balan for Kahaani. Priyanka confessed that she did cry because she felt that she had worked really hard for the role.
Let us look at the similarities between the actresses.
- Both Priyanka Chopra and Vidya Balan are in their 30s
- Both are known to be remarkably hardworking and competitive. Both are known to be method actors.
- Both Priyanka Chopra and Vidya Balan have had a huge crush on Shah Rukh Khan. Priyanka Chopra has been repeatedly linked with SRK.
Differences between Priyanka Chopra and Vidya Balan
- While Priyanka Chopra ‘s body-type swings from slim to athletic, Vidya Balan is either voluptuous or plump.
- Priyanka Chopra has done many films compared to Vidya Balan but the latter has a better track record of hits.
- While Vidya Balan’s style of acting and script choices are more into the Aamir Khan mould, Priyanka Chopra is more expressive and physical just like her good friend Shah Rukh Khan.
- Vidya Balan was termed ‘jinxed’ for many years before she bounced back with Dirty Picture in 2011. Her dress sense also came under scanner before she did a complete ‘saree’ makeover. Priyanka Chopra also tasted failure since 2009 till Barfi came along in 2012.
Priyanka Chopra’s career best performances include Kaminey, Fashion, Saath Khoon Maaf and Barfi while Vidya Balan has excelled in author-backed roles in movies like Parineeta, Dirty Picture, No One Killed Jessica and Kahaani. Who is a better actress, Vidya Balan or Priyanka Chopra?