Till now, Riteish Deshmukh was Bollywood’s most under-rated actor; Ek Villain has turned to be his career-best performance, as he stepped out of his usual comfort zone of comedies to fit into the garb of a cold serial-killer. He surely can expect many awards coming his way. Riteish had said that he was also going to bid bye to comedies because it was getting boring for him as he had explored the genre to the hilt. He had met dismal response with the failure of films like ‘Naach’ and ‘Rann’ even though his performances were not to be faulted. After Ek Villain’s stupendous success, it is evident that the role and the characterization does play a huge role in making a performance memorable.
Here are the top 5 performances of Riteish Deshmukh till date
5. Masti – This Inder Kumar sleazy comedy released in 2004, had Riteish Deshmukh doing his first-all out funny role, which got him mass appreciation. He was even nominated for the Filmfare Award for the Best Supporting Actor.
4. Apna Sapna Money Money – We all know that no actor makes for a pretty girl as good as Riteish does. It started with ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’ in 2006, where he was dressed as a woman, an object of Anupam Kher’s affection. After that Riteish’s drag act has been repeated in many films, including ‘Humshakals’.
3. Heyy Babyy – Riteish starred for the first time in his buddy Sajd Khan’s movie’ Hey Babyy’ (2007). He performed exceedingly well and even managed to overshadow Akshay Kumar in the film.
2. Dhamaal – One of the funniest movies of our times, the under-rated Dhamaal (2007) had the equally under-rated Riteish Deshmukh raising the laughometer with his crazy antics.
1. Ek Villain – After being type-cast for seven years after Dhamaal, where he did similar comedies or experimented with serious roles that went off-key, Riteish Deshmukh finally sparked with a vengeful performance in Ek Villain. As ‘Rakesh’ his eyes showed everything – icy intent and depression in equal measure.